It is here! It is summer! Finals are over and we are back at home…so now what? Some of us college students see summer break as the highlight of the year where they get to live it up with old friends and go crazy! But what about those of us who have no idea what to do because all your friends are your college friends who live all around the country? If this is the case, then the next three to four months could potentially suck…or not! Just because you think you don’t have anything to do doesn’t mean you actually don’t…
Here is a list of things to keep you occupied this summer:
- Organize & redecorate your room – Change is good! Move around your furniture to create a completely different look. If you want to go all out and change your decor, you don’t need to go expensive – Shop around at places like Ikea, Marshalls, Ross and Pier 1 for cheap items such as picture frames, mirrors, decorative bowls, etc. And since it is summer, stores like Target and Walmartwill be getting in their new dorm decor.
- Read all your favorite series – Whether you want to re-read or actually finish your favorite series such as Twilight, Harry Potter, and the newest gem to the book world, The Hunger Games. You have all summer, go for it!
- Movie Marathons – Whether it be at the theater or in the comfort of your home, watch all those movies you have been dying to see!
- Try New Recipes – Go to your Pinterest ‘food’ board and actually cook and bake some of the stuff you have pinned…I mean, isn’t that the reason you pinned it in the first place?
- Be Crafty – While you are on Pinterest finding recipes, why don’t you find some unique crafts?! My favorite Pinterest craft is the Melted Crayon Art. This will also help if you decide to redecorate your room!
- Revamp your Wardrobe – Who doesn’t want new clothes? You can get a lot of bang for your buck at stores like Forever 21, H&M, and Cotton On(shop the clearance racks!). Now we all know, the
golden new clothes rule: You must get rid of old clothes when you get new ones! This little nugget of wisdom, will get you very far in life.
- Hit the beach – Now, I am lucky enough to live 10 minutes from the beach, and I know not everyone has that luxury, but who says you can create your own beach? If you have a backyard, get some sand, a chair, lather on the tanning oil and get your shades. Don’t let the mountains stop you from being tan!
- Work Out – of course, you can not forget to work out! Whether you want to stay fit, or get fit, working out is the key to that hot bod.
So now you have no excuse to be bored this summer! Doing some of the things on this list will only open up your mind to think of more things to do. So whether you have friends, siblings, parents, etc. or even just you, you can do all these things and have lots of fun.
So go on, I hear the summer calling for you!